Use of XENTRY Pass Thru EU requires a special, hardware-dependent StartKey, which can be ordered in the XENTRY Shop when the initial delivery has been received. The Hardware ID required for ordering the StartKey can be retrieved via the "Hardware ID Reader"; you will also require a system or contract number for XENTRY Pass Thru EU, which can be requested from Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The StartKey allows the terminal (e.g. laptop), which was uniquely specified on the order through its hardware ID, to run the diagnosis application. The terminal must meet the following system requirements:
- Administrator rights for installation and updates
- Windows-compatible PC or Laptop with at least an Intel I5 processor or a comparable model
- Operating system: Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 7 is no longer supported as of Release 12/2019
- At least 8 GB main memory (RAM), 16 GB recommended
- At least 150 GB free storage capacity, SSD hard drive recommended (due to performance and mechanical durability)
- Browser: Edge for Windows 8.1 and 10
- Broadband Internet connection via LAN/WLAN
- Blu-ray/DVD drive (expected to be discontinued from 12/2019)
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 (or higher) installed (http://www.microsoft.com)
- Oracle Java 1.8 and Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength installed (http://www.oracle.com)
- Diverse URLs and ports in the local or network firewall/proxy enabled (see overview)
Important Information for System Usage :
A permanent online connection is required for the diagnosis content:
For accessing diagnostic data (takes place via diagnosis session)
For checking access authorization for data content (StartKey)
For checking contract data
Flat-rate fee and invoicing:
An annual flat-rate charge must be paid to use XENTRY Pass Thru EU; additional, time-based costs apply for accessing the diagnostic data.
Invoicing for the use of diagnostic data and applications
Time-related computation of a flat-rate fee for online operating costs and support
It is possible to purchase flexible amounts of time credits for passenger car/van diagnostic data usage.
See the "Prices" section for the invoicing process and basic price of the Starter Kit as well as the prices for the flat-rate charge and time credits.
The steps required for placing an initial order, subsequent orders and obtaining prepaid time units are described in the "Registration and Orders" section of this document.